I made a quick video demonstrating how I replaced the earpads on my Oppo PM3`s. This should be helpful for those who don`t want to send in their headphones for repair or are out of warranty. Also indicative that mods and 3rd party pads might become available in the future. Steps are in the video, description and posted below.
It`s actually quite a simple process;
- Feel around the bottom of the pads for the plastic frame underneath the leather.
- Pull from the frame (it is secured quite firmly), but NOT from the pad or you`ll risk tearing the leather.
- There are 6 clips, two at the top, bottom and one on either side, pull at the clips directly, otherwise the earpads will be much harder to remove.
- Once you unclip the first it is quite easy to unclip the rest and Re-installing the pads is simple too.
- When reinstalling, line up the clips on the pads and housing and push.
- You might need to press your opposing thumb against the rim on the housings of the headphones to generate enough pressure and they should snap into place.
Sorry for the quick video, hope it helps some people out.